Monday, November 28, 2011

reading playgiarism and detournement

After reading these two readings, I’m still unclear about the line to define playgiarism and plagiarism. It is really blurry if the “size and weight” of copied work cannot be taken into account to define the plagiarism. The tone of the language became the point to tell. I wonder if there is a work copied everything from your existing work except the language tone, is it a plagiarism or a playgiarism? I will be very depressed if someone manipulated my work without announced my name.

This image is well-known one. But the original photo does not belong to the artist. It’s a photographer’s work. The artist steals the photographer’s image and manipulated and published it without notifying the original author. Artist did do a lot of changes from the original image but it’s still a controversial work. I think, at least, the “playgiarism” one should change the subject/ ideals for the work. I understand the Detournement because the cut-ups are used for supporting author’s own point, it can be seen as a kind of reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment