Sunday, October 30, 2011

Text video critique

After Effects is a powerful digital motion graphics and video compositing software. It took me a while to adapt myself to the new operating interface because it’s slightly different from Adobe Flash. AE does not have any keyframe or tween, and user doesn’t need to calculate the frames to count the timeline. The control of motion is very straight forward and easy understood.
I did not realize my text size problem until I final rendered two files and put them together via iMovie. My view setting is 100%, so everything became very small when zoom out to fit the window. On the other hand, I think my topic is interesting. I want to discuss the relationship and impact between text and image. Does text can be seen as an image if in a certain situation? We know that image is very informative. One image could say hundreds of things, but how text could easily affects the meaning of an image? The video is experimental and I think I failed to convey my points due to my font size problem and the time that text stays on the screen is too short to read. I put music at the last second, because I just figure out how to do it.
This is not a satisfied work, but it will be a good start of my video software studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment